Not especially long ago, the only IT Support Los Angeles needed was the
type tailored for desktop computers, portable computers and servers.
However, the technology landscape has changed substantially in recent
years. Smartphones are rapidly taking control of a substantial portion of
the business technology scene. These “intelligent” phones feature
high-resolution displays, multi-core microprocessors, as much memory as a
netbook, solid-state flash-based storage and multiple wireless connectivity
options. Because they are essentially a personal computer small enough to
fit in one’s pocket, they are crucial for IT Support Orange County to support.
When employees go into the field with smartphones or utilize them as a
primary means of communication with the corporate network, the need for IT Support Los Angeles to standardize and secure these devices
becomes clear. The following is a list of potential benefits that can be
gained by doing so. Please note that this list is not all-inclusive.
- Administrators can monitor software versions and standardize them across
all deployed smartphones
- Devices with known software exploits can be isolated from the network
before a security breach can occur
- Company-wide anti-malware software can be installed and updated on all
- Activities and locations can be logged
- Stolen smartphones can be remotely disabled, locked and even located
using GPS technology. IT Support Orange County can then deliver this
information to law enforcement in order to retrieve a stolen device
- Smartphone contents can be encrypted using a company standard or
individually-assigned employee key
- Smartphone contents can be synced to the corporate network in the event
that the device is somehow damaged in the field or suffers a software
It is important to note that although smartphones provide a great deal of
flexibility in how employees access information on the corporate network,
they are also a potential security liability. Hackers are constantly
looking for new ways to break into phones wirelessly to commit corporate
espionage, identity theft and other malicious acts. IT Support Los Angeles can
help your company to plug these holes, thus keeping the bad guys out while
maximizing your employees’ productivity.